Information from the PPS WebSite: http://bit.ly/pps-weather
You can get PPS weather-related delay and closure information in several places:
- New: Text @portlandschools to 23559 to receive Celly text messages.
- Rapid Broadcast phone calls in all supported languages to the PRIMARY number listed on your student’s registration paperwork. Report phone number changes to your school office.
- On the PPS home page, PPS Inside and all school websites.
- Like us on the PPS Facebook page for school, district and emergency news.
- Follow us on Twitter @PPSConnect for school, district and emergency news.
- Local TV, radio and web news.
- Flash Alert: If you have Flash Alert account, we will continue using it for 2014-15 but will not be adding new subscribers as we are phasing out use of this tool.
PPS decision-making process
Go to the Student Transportation webpage to learn more. View Snow Routes & Schedules for Buses. Remember to add two hours to the bus times in the event of a two-hour late start. When buses are on snow routes, this applies to morning pick-up and afternoon drop-off.
Remember that families have the right to decide to keep their children home from school if they feel travel conditions are unsafe. Please call the school to let them know.
— lewiselementary (@lewiselementary) November 12, 2014